IndianaRog and the Temple of Steam
Miniature steam engines by Jensen, Karsten, Stuart & Empire. Lionel & MTH trains. Wind up clocks & watches plus black powder cannons and mortars.
Recent updates, additions or changes
for your patience during my extended "lull" in the website dept over the past 6-9 months....the
family medical crisis that derailed me many months ago isn't going to go away, but I am dealing with it better. I find solace in my
workshop, website, steam collector Forum and a new found interest in old clocks helps me keep my wits
- The Temple of Time Tab has TWO more additions:
- An 1863-65 Seth Thomas Cottage Clock with gorgeous Rosewood veneer, acquired in Jan 2015 and ready to plug and play so to speak
- An 1866 Seth Thomas Column & Cornice Shelf Clock acquired in April 2014, broke weeks later and finally repaired Feb. 2015.
- The Temple of Steam saw five engine departures in Jan/Feb. 2015...to help feed clock and other purchases! Seriously, these had become shelf queens...so off they went (single photo of each goes to the "Loved but Gone" tab):
- An Empire B-42
- An Empire B-35
- A Jensen 10 plant with round magnet generator issued only in 1951
- A Jensen 4 bolt 25 with riveted boiler circa 1937 (only one that hurt a bit!)
- A Jensen 35 with heavy cast flywheel
- The All other Engines Tab has a minor addition of a nice brass burner for my DR Mercer traction engine. I made this up using dimensions from a steel original...fits and burns perfectly (though burned it outside engine to keep engine unfired).
- Nancy, my beloved wife of 40+ years, passed away in May 2015 after a 16 year battle with cancer. She was surrounded by family when she passed peacefully into the arms of her maker...I am doing OK in the aftermath with support of children and grandchildren, but nothing is happening on the hobby front at this time...it might be awhile before I get my head oriented in that direction again, but it will come...just not right now (Jun 28th as of this writing)
- Well, it did indeed take me awhile (3 years+) to get my head on straight after the death of my wife, but here I am, at it again. I have decided to sell off some of my clock/watch collection and ALL of my Jensen steam collection EXCEPT my beloved Jensen 51 Replica The other remaining pieces were gathering dust and I could use their value elsewhere (like funding a just purchased boat)! In the interest of other collectors however, I'm going to leave the Jensen info on this website intact as it may help someone else. I will be selling more steam and clock pieces in the coming months...just takes a lot more time than acquiring them did in the first place!
- A NEW Jensen 50 re-issue plant landed on my doorstep the other day, direct from Jensen No...I didn't buy it, rather I am giving it a bit of a makeover...Temple style. I will add photos and update as I tinker with it. It was "good" as received from Jensen...just going to make a few minor mods and up the fit and finish. Nice to handle a new/old engine...glad Jensen brought this one back.